Home Pages Tab
The "Home Pages" tab is where you can customize the appearance of your iVolunteerOnline home pages. The primary home page is http://organizationid.ivolunteer.com where organizaionid is your organization's unique id.
- Display Type - is how volunteers will select active events on the Home Page. Note: Only Active
events that are not Hidden and occur in the present or future will be displayed. The options are:
- Drop-down - the events appear in a drop-down list.
- List - the events are listed on the page as individual links that the volunteer can click. This option let's volunteers see all of the events at-a-glance.
- Event Sort Order - how active events are sorted. The options are:
- None - events are shows order they were created.
- Event Name, Start Date - by the event's name first then the start date.
- Start Date, Event Name - by the start date first then the event name.
- Welcome Message - this is the message that appears at the top of the home page to welcome your volunteers. This field is edited using a Rich Text Editor which works in most web browsers. Click here to learn more about the Rich Text Editor.
There is also the option to add more home pages if you need to separate groups of your organization, or if you simply want an easier way to organize your organization's events. Click on the "Add Home Page" button, and you begin with a fresh template for a new home page.
Using the multiple home pages option, you can customize several pages for different sections of your organization. This also allows you to create a separate Unique ID for the new home pages, with your organization unique id staying the same. E.g. "http://myorganization.ivolunteer.com/myuniqueID" You can change visibility and accessibility by selecting different options under the Visibility/Accessibility dropdown box. Your options are:
- Tab alongside other Home Pages or Url - this shows the home pages as tabs on the organizations primary page, and allows for easy switching between the different pages.
- Hidden (Accessible by Url Only) - this allows for exclusive access by your volunteers, letting you choose who can view the page.
- Disabled (Not Accessible) - this disables the page so no one can access it outside of the administrators with permissions.
To place events onto different home pages, simply go to the "Events" menu, click on an event, or create a new event, click on the "Details" tab, and under the "Show on Organization Home Page or Hide:" category, click on the drop down box to select which home page you would like for your event to be shown on. Here, you can also select to "Hide" the event, and make it accessible only by url.
Table of Contents
- About Privacy and Security
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
- Purchasing a Subscription after the Free Trial
- Quick Start Guide
- iVolunteerOnline Administration
- Training Videos