What is ivolunteer.com?
ivolunteer.com is an online tool for signing up, scheduling, communicating with, and managing volunteers or particpants for any events or activities hosted by your organization. ivolunteer.com helps administrators save time, increase participation, and have greater confidence that commitments will be fulfilled.
Why choose ivolunteer.com?
- It’s easy and scalable. Create simple, single-date events or multi-date, multi-task events. It supports multiple administrators.
- It’s reusable. Design signup sheets once and reuse them as many times as needed.
- It’s clear. No more confusion over who has signed up for what, because everyone is viewing the same signup sheets over the internet.
- It’s convenient. Volunteers don’t have to create accounts with user IDs or passwords.
- It’s secure. Volunteers are verified to be legitimate through a confirmation email they receive when they sign up. They must click a link in the email to confirm. Optionally, you can allow volunteers to cancel online as easily as they signed up.
- It’s confidential. Only your administrator(s) can view volunteers’ full contact information. We do not share your volunteers with anyone. We do not display ads or market anything to you or your volunteers.
- It has advanced customization with flexible signup sheet designs, and the ability to customize your organization’s ivolunteer.com home page, header, and instructions for each event, upload logos and PDF documents, prompt volunteers for custom information, change your “volunteer” terminology, and allowing for self-cancellations.
- It has advanced email capabilities. You can completely customize emails that can be sent on-demand or automatically relative to signup dates. Administrators can receive email notifications of signups, cancellations, and more!
- It has advanced reporting capabilities. Sign-Up, Sign-In, Participation, Activity and other reports are all optimized for HTML, PDF, and Excel. You can even run consolidated reports across multiple events.
- It has attendance tracking. Record attendance in real-time on the web stie, or manually using the Sign-in report on paper or in Excel. Track hours calculated by the system or create your own hours/points scheme.
The ivolunteer.com story started in _____ with founder and developer Tad Woods’ own volunteer efforts here in Roanoke, Virginia. Tad became involved with the Square Society, an all-volunteer organization that raises money to help support the arts, science, and cultural development in the Roanoke Valley. The Square Society’s main charity fundraiser is Microfestivus, an annual microbrewery festival. Tad was shocked to see that volunteers for this highly popular event were still passing around a paper sign-up sheet. An enterprise-level software developer, Tad decided to apply his professional skills to the task of improving and streamlining the Square Society’s signup process. Thus ivolunteer.com was born.
Our software has undergone many changes and improvements over the years, including a few changes in branding. (You can see the evolution of our name and logo below.) Along the way, Tad teamed up with fellow expert software developer and long-time colleague Paul Stalvey to enhance and refine the product for use by a wide variety of organizations worldwide. Our customers run the gamut from small volunteer organizations to schools, churches, large corporations, and even police departments.
Paul, Tad, and the rest of the ivolunteer.com crew are always working to improve our subscription-based service to meet the real-life challenges and feature requests of our customers. Customer privacy and security have always been mainstays of the ivolunteer.com system. Speed, mobile friendliness, kiosk-style signup, and role-based administration are a few of the enhancements we have developed over time. Additionally, we are working to better connect our customers with each other as a supportive community. If you have a participant signup and scheduling challenge, odds are high that at least one of our customers has already worked with us to find a great solution to a similar problem.
Like our service itself, ivolunteer.com has changed and evolved over time. You may recognize us by: