To create a new event:
- Click on the Events menu.
- Click the Add button above the list of your events. If you went ahead and removed the sample event, rather than just deactivating it, your events list will be blank. If you only deactivated the sample event, but have chosen to use the filters to clear it out of the way, your events list will be blank. If you have not done either of these things, your events list is where the sample event is.
- Now enter a Name for your event, the Unique ID for your event, the Event Start Date, Event End Date, Signup Start Date and Signup End Date. You can go back and change these fields at any time if you change your mind or if the plan for the event changes in the future.
- Change the Unique ID to something that matches the event. For example, if my event is a “Wrapping Booth,” I might want my Unique ID to be “wrap.” The Unique ID will become part of the URL or web address your volunteers will use to sign up for your event. E.g. http://myorganization.ivolunteer.com/wrap.
- Choosing the dates for your event is important to ensure that all slots, reports, and emails go out on time. Here is the link to a video on how dates work.
Note: Please also remember to check that your time zone for the event is correct. You can do this after saving your event by going to the Settings tab and then the Date/Time tab for the Event. You also can change the default time zone for new events under Organization > Settings > Date/Time.
- When you have finished putting in these details, click the OK button. You now have a new Event!
- Next, verify the Contact information on the Details tab. This information defaults to the administrator who created the event, but you can change it to someone else.
- Also on the Details tab, verify the location of the event so that volunteers aren’t getting sent to the wrong place to volunteer!
- Click the Save button to save your changes.