The signup sheet is where volunteers will enter their information to volunteer for your event. There are a few questions to consider before creating your signup sheet:
- What will volunteers be volunteering for? Will they be doing a job for a period of time (e.g., working for an hour wrapping presents) and/or supplying some resource (e.g., bringing a pair of scissors)? If volunteers will be both working and supplying resources, consider dividing the event into multiple tasks–for example, having one task for work and another for resources.
- How many volunteers do you need?
- Is this a one-day event, or does it span multiple days?
Note: See the sample luncheon event for a somewhat complex signup sheet example.
- Select the applicable event in the Events menu.
- Click on the Signup Sheet Design tab.
- Click on the Add Task button.
- Give the task a relevant title – for example, “Setup” or “Cleanup.” If you plan to have only one task, it may be appropriate to give the task a generic name such as “Signup Sheet” or even “Volunteer.”
- The task date will default to the event start date, but you can change it to another. For example, if each task you create happens on a different day, you can set the date of the task accordingly.
- Decide what your rows and columns will be. For example, will the columns contain the times or a description of the job?
- Add as many columns and rows as you need, setting the headers with times, descriptions, or both.
- If you need more volunteers for a particular slot position, click on the Edit button for the slot position and set the number of volunteers you need.
Note: Saving your changes and switching over to the “Preview” tab will let you see what the signup sheet will look like to your volunteers.