In the Files section you can upload files to ivolunteer.com, find files that have already been uploaded, and manage your ivolunteer.com files. These can include images or PDF files you have chosen to share in your instructions, in your emails, on your Events, or in the welcome message on your Home Page.
To upload a file:
- Click on the Upload File button in the upper left-hand corner of the pane.
- Click on the Choose File button in the pop-up window and select your file from your computer.
- Make sure this is a file you have permission to use. If you have permission to use the file on your ivolunteer.com account, you can check the box that says “I agree that I have permission to use this file, that it does not contain private or confidential information…” etc.–the legal stuff. You’ve “read” terms and agreements before; this is the internet! Just be smart and please don’t post anything that you shouldn’t. This includes images your organization doesn’t own or doesn’t have the rights to place on a website.
- If you wish, you can tag your file with a group name to help organization your media. From the Group/Tag dropdown list, select an existing group or select “Add New…” to create a new one.
- When you’re ready, click on the Upload File button. If you find you’ve selected the wrong file accidentally or your conscience is getting the better of you at checking that little box when you maybe shouldn’t have, you can click Cancel instead and cancel the entire process.