Problem: Events take a long time to set up.
You spent a ton of time getting the instructions, settings, structure, slot times, reminders, thank you emails set up for an event. Now you want to set up this same or a very similar event for next week.
Solution: Re-use your work from the last event.
Copying online sign ups is easy in ivolunteer. When you copy a signup event, you copy its structure and settings by default. When you supply a new event start date, all of the event’s dates (end date, signup start, individual slot dates) are all adjusted relative to the new start date.
Copying an event is easy:
- In the left sidebar of the Events section, select the event you wish to copy.
- Click the Copy button at the top of the event list or select the Re-Use button in the Details tab. (Hint: they both do the same thing.)
- In the New Copy dialog box, modify the Event Name, Unique ID, and Start Date as needed.
- Select if you want to copy the administrators and reminders/thank-you emails and if you want to copy the confirmed participants or not. (There are a few special circumstances in which you may want to copy over the volunteers.)
- Click OK. Edit your new event as needed, and then click Save.
- Voilà! You have a new, fully configured event.