Many organizations have a need to set up recurring volunteer slots. In other words, their ivolunteer.com “Event” is not a single event but a regular volunteer signup need over time.
In an Event’s Signup Design tab, you can create a Task that spans one or more weeks or an entire calendar month. These options are available when you click the Add Task button.
Suppose you have a regular task that needs to be completed at a certain time every Saturday and Sunday in March and April.
- In the Type dropdown, select “Create a Task that represents a calendar month.”
- Select the correct month and year under Month Options.
- Under Number of Participants Needed, enter the number of volunteers you need on Saturday and Sunday and set the rest of the days to 0.
- Click OK.
- In the resulting Task grid, remove any columns you don’t need by clicking the “-” sign.
- Once you are happy with the March Task, save it and then click Copy Task. In the new Task, change the Task Title to April and then click Adjust Task Dates. Enter 4/01 as the Earliest Date. You will now have a Task with slots every Saturday and Sunday in April. Click Save.